Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weekday Veg

So I decided I wanted to get this thing going again. It's been awhile and in fact I have completely forgot about it to be honest. (I'm sorry bloggy.) And maybe I will take it more serious this time. Well as serious as a blog can be...which I guess can be pretty serious.



Monday, I am going to be starting a Weekday Vegetarian diet. To be specific, I am going to be doing a lacto-vegetarian diet Monday through Friday and a regular carnivore diet Saturday and Sunday. I will be trying for a month to start, and then see how we feel after that.

Why? Good question.

One: I love animals. I always have. They are cute and cuddly.  Even this guy.

And I don't believe that the industrialization of animals (cliche?) is how it should be. Even though they may have smaller brains than we do and may feel less in the way of complex emotions (which I don't know if that is is true or not), it doesn't really matter to me. It just seems cruel. I don't like it and I never have

Two: My health. Unfortunately you can find statistics and studies to support about anything you want or don't want to do.

But the link between certain diseases and health problems and the over consumption of meat is veritable verity.

Three: It's something to do.

1 comment:

  1. I am behind ya, buddy. You go, BOY!

    Also, Hans (then name of the Swiss cow you mentioned and added picture of) sent me a postcard last week. He wanted me to pass along his warmest wishes to you. He will be so happy to hear that you are no longer eating his kind.. on the weekdays at least. I have no idea how to approach the subject of whether I eat foul and beasts... maybe your news will distract his inquiries for a while. I thank you.

    ReplyDelete